India is a globally famous tourist destination. It appeals tourists from all over the world for fascinating India tours with lots of attractions like historical monuments, forts & palaces, heritage monuments, nature sites, exotic wildlife, hill stations, breathtaking beaches, pilgrimage sites, religious spots, historic cities and many more.
When coming on India tours during summer, it is especially considerable to choose a right destination to escape the scorching summer heat. There are many destinations which can be visited during summer. If you are coming in India during summer seasons, it is advisable that you should choose any of Indian hill stations to celebrate your vacation and enjoying tourism. Each part of this country has some of picturesque hill stations very popular among tourists and vacationers from all over the world due to their cool & cheerful climate.
In this article, I am putting short information abut top 5 places to visit in India to beat the heat of summer.
01. Manali: Situated in the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh, Manali is nestled in the lower Himalayas. It is a picturesque hill station and ancient town surrounded by snow-clad mountain peaks of majestic Himalayas. The city offers panoramic vista of Himalayan peaks covered with milky white snows. The city has an affluent orchard industry (especially apple orchards) creating soothing climate for vacationers and tourists. It is also a very popular destination of honeymooning couples or new wed couples with scenic, cool, cheerful and truly romantic ambiance. It is also favorite destination of adventure enthusiasts like campers, trekkers, etc.
Availability of a wide range of adventure & sport activities in and around the city attracts a big crowd of tourists and vacationers from all over the world. Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley offer some panoramic vista of snowline of Himalayas and provide opportunity to enjoy adventure & winter sport activities like river rafting, mountaineering, trekking, parasailing, skiing, heli-skiing, ice-skating, etc. Indeed, Manali is one of the best places to visit in India especially during the summer. The charm of magnetic Manali also can be enjoyed in winter season.
02. Ooty: Sometimes also known as the “Queen of the Hill Stations of South India”, Ooty is one of the best places to visit to India especially during the summer. It is an excellent destination to escape the summer heat. Scenic landscapes, lovely lakes, gorgeous gardens, lush tea plantations, rich flora & fauna, etc make this hill town a favorite destination of India in summer. It is also a favored destination for honeymooning vacation.
03. Gulmarg: Situated in the picturesque Kashmir valley, Gulmarg is a valley retreat and popular hill station in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. It is basically a large meadow. Gulmarg also literally means “the Meadow of Flowers”. Rolling meadow filled with numerous colorful flowers like Daisies, Bluebells and Buttercups is the attractions of Gulmarg visit. It is also a very popular destination of adventure enthusiasts and honeymooners as well. The beautiful hill & valley town of Gulmarg offers picturesque and spectacular sight of snow-covered mountain peaks of majestic Himalayas. I think it a best place to visit in India offering opportunity to sightseeing, nature tourism, adventure tourism and right ambiance for honeymooning vacation.
04. Munnar: Munnar is a picturesque hill station situated in the south Indian state of Kerala, God’s Own Country. It is especially famous for plantations of tea, coffee, spice and rubber. The fragrance of tea and spice plantations enthralls tourists from all over the world. It is a very ideal place to visit in south India especially the summer season.
05. Nainital: It is one of the most charming & captivating hill stations with many lovely lakes. It is often described as the “Lake Paradise”. In ancient times, the city was called the city of 60 lakes. With many lovely lakes, scenic surroundings, picturesque landscapes and cool & cheerful climate it is one of the most important places to see in India especially during the summer. The Nani Lake is the most famous lake in the town. Yachting, boating and paddling can be enjoyed on lovely lakes of Nainital.
If you are coming to visit India in other seasons, Taj Mahal tours and cultural tours of south India can be fascinating options. I will reveal more in my next article on other destinations of India which can be visited on all seasons.